The twins are really into art right now. They ask to color, paint, and "draw chalk" frequently. I have learned the hard way that all of these activities are best spent OUTSIDE. They really love to make special requests on the sidewalk from Tim and I. Here is what you will find right now on our driveway: a basketball goal, baseball, soccer ball, cookie, shoes, rhino, sun, mickey mouse, and a game of "mash" played by mommy (According to MASH I'm going to marry Jacob from Twilight).
They also love bubbles right now. Matthew blew his first bubble by himself the other day and I was so excited! We practice almost every afternoon and he finally got it! Caleb is close, but he normally just licks the bubble juice off the wand and then ends up blowing bubbles out his mouth. It is really funny.
They are both becoming so independent and say "I do it" to almost everything (walking up the stairs, putting on their shoes, brushing their teeth, looking at a book, you name it!). They are into everything and love jumping (off anything and everything). Chooch recently hurt his knee after jumping off the couch onto Caleb and it required a couple of doctor's visits. I don't really think we know what we have gotten ourselves into with THREE BOYS!
The other day I was getting all three kids out of the car to go to Chik-fil-a. I have a system down when I am by myself. First, I get Caleb out and put him in the front driver seat and shut the door. Then, I get Matthew out and he holds my hand. Then, we walk around to get Luke out and Matthew holds my hand the entire time. Next, we open the driver seat and get Caleb out. I have to put Luke's carseat down to do this, but I am still holding on to Matthew's hand. Then, I hoist Caleb up to my hip, grab the carseat with one hand, and then Matthew occupies the other hand. It is a PROCESS to say the least! So, anyway, when Matthew and Luke and I went around to the driver seat to get Caleb out, I opened the door and he was chewing 4 pieces of watermelon gum. I didn't even know that he knew what gum was much less that he could figure out how to open it and chew it!!! He had the biggest grin on his face as he was smacking a golfball size wad of gum. I'm new at this parenting thing, but I'm pretty sure that 2 years old is way TOO young for gum chewing! These boys are so darn fast and sneaky!!!
Caleb loves wearing silly hats!
He is helping me sweep after lunch...
Our sweet little angel "Chooch..."
Tim took this picture of Matthew during his nap. Too funny!
Matthew is such a HOARDER! We find piles of his collections all over the house. This was found in our media cabinet, where he is NOT supposed to be anyway. Hmmmm.....
He is so proud of himself!
3 comments:
Now the stories REALLY begin as well as get more interesting!! I am sure they learn a lot at just observing kids at Mother's Day out as well as at church. You and Tim will have to "watch your steps".....little eyes and ears are watching and listening. Ha!Love the stories and pics. G. Nelda
Oh boy the fun is just starting. I love the picture of Matthew sleeping in his crib. That is priceless. Take care. We miss you all so very much. Love Katie, Casey and the girls.
The nap photo is the BEST! I saw again that you amaze me getting anywhere with the 3 of them. You rock girl.
Post a Comment