Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Luke's 4 month stats and floor time with his big brothers...


Luke Thomas...that boy is something else! We went to the doctor today for his 4 month check up and it's official: he's a CHUNK! He is 17 pounds 11 ounces and 95th percentile for height! He is smiling all the time now and giggles constantly when you coo at him. He loves to follow his daddy's voice whenever he is nearby but you can forget getting his attention when his big brothers are around because he only has eyes and ears for them! Speaking of ears...it seems that he is growing a pair of his daddy's ears!

I am honestly enjoying every little moment with this guy. The first thing I think of with Luke is "joy." This child is PURE joy. He is such a laid back kiddo and just goes with the flow. He loves to snuggle up with Mommy anytime and he goes everywhere with me (which is a new experience for me--I didn't dare try grocery shopping or running errands with the twins at this age) and is a great little companion.

Caleb has taken a new interest in Luke the past few weeks and asks frequently to "hold IT please" (it being Luke). He has been really sweet with him and will hold him for about 5 seconds, give him a kiss, and then say "all done." Matthew tells me if Luke is crying (they do not like for him to cry!) and will say "luke milk" or "luke paci" in response. When Luke does tummy time on the floor, the twins love to get down there with him and entertain him. It is quite a sight to see! I am really thankful that the twins have adjusted so well to having their new little brother around. The other day Caleb asked if we could "ride the choo-choo train" again. I said "sure, sometime soon." Then Matthew said, "and Daddy come, too?" And then Caleb said "and Luke, too?" I said, "Daddy can come and Luke will come, too." Caleb's response, "Ooookaaay!" So I guess Luke's a keeper :)

Below is a video of the three boys playing on the floor. Notice how Matthew has stolen Luke's toy and is lying underneath it. He also tries to cut his brother with his "play doctor scissors" during the video. Caleb is the singing star of this show. The video is quite long, but hold out for some pretty cute footage.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for the update.....I was needing this to get my day started. Sounds like Luke is big enough to start kindergarten come fall.....ha! love sent your way....G. Nelda

Bonnie said...

Dear Emily and Tim and all the boys,

This video is just beyond priceless! I love the interaction between the three boys. The twins talking is so clear and amazing for two year olds. I just loved the ABC song that caleb sang to Luke, as well as his reading a book to his baby Luke. Emily and Tim, both of you are awesome parents,truly blessed by God, and you both have three of the cutest boys on this planet! i love the videos of them,it's the next best thing to living near you and actually seeing them do these wonderful things. Thank God for digital cameras with video and the Internet! Love and God bless all of you!Love,A. Bonnie and U. Wally