Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Monday, May 24, 2010

Boys will be boys...

Warning: This post contains "potty" words so do not read if it will disturb you!

So the story begins...

Tim has been working out really hard and eating healthier to get back in shape. Part of this program is his new obsession with FIBER.

So, we are at Costcos (yes that is plural for a reason) the other day and he sees this massive box of chocolate chip fiber granola bars for 10 dollars. He assures me this is too good of a deal to pass up as he proceeds to put the whole CASE of fiber bars in our cart. I tried to tell him that these things give you really bad gas and make you go the bathroom A LOT and his response was "great!"

Needless to say, the past few weeks Tim has had lots of gas and so the boys have been very curious about this new, frequent noise. So, not only did Tim teach them the word "toot" but he also taught them to say "mommy toots" every time they hear a toot, even if I'm not in the vicinity. This is really embarrassing when we are out in public and the boys hear a sound that even remotely resembles a "toot" and they announce to everyone "mommy toot! mommy toot!" I just smile because I know if I even began to explain, it would just make things worse!

I'm hoping this is just a phase and the boys obsession with this will soon pass. However, as a mom of three boys, I am thinking this is just the beginning. And, there will be lots of hot air around this house for some time...remember we have a CASE of fiber bars in our pantry. :)


5 comments:

Anna S said...

hilarious!!! you are such a good sport, Emily.

Anna S said...

Hilarious!! You are such a good sport, Emily.

Bonnie said...

Emily, you are going to need a lot of girls days outs/ nights out with this crew! You are definitely out numbered,and Tim is the head kingpin in this crew!This was a very funny video!Hugs and Kisses,love and God Bless all of you! A. Bonnie and U.Wally

Anonymous said...

Emily--
This is definitely a guy thing. Amy has gone through very much the same thing. The guys think it is hilarious and us girls just shake our heads! And it doesn't go away! Hang in there!
Sandy

The Norris Family said...

Ha,Ha! It sounds like those boys need some whoopie cushions!!