Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Attack of the Dry Skin!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Tim and I were upstairs with the boys one night before their bedtime and I was feeding the kiddos. Tim decided he would read them a story out of their storybook Bible before they went down.

For those of you who don't know this about Tim, he has a dependency on lotion. Actually, he is OBSESSED with lotion. He cannot stand for his feet or hands to be dry and is constantly trying to keep them hydrated. Tim almost ALWAYS has a bottle of lotion on him (he stocks up on those mini-lotions when we stay at hotels) and if he doesn't, I normally carry one in my purse for him.

Anyway, as he started reading the boys their Bible story, he became really dry and started clearing his throat. He asked me if there was any lotion upstairs and I told him to check the top drawer of the changing table/dresser. It was kind of dark, but he was able to find a tube of lotion from the drawer and applied it liberally all over his face and hands. He commented on how nice and thick this lotion was, which is one of his favorite things. about lotion.

As he walked back closer into the light (coming from the hallway), I spotted a glimpse and started dying laughing. He had gotten into the kids' buttpaste and had it all over his face and hands. He looked like a mime...after I started laughing, he asked me why and I told him. He ran into the bathroom and could not stop chuckling. The funny thing was it took him around 15 minutes to try to get the stuff off because it was SO thick. But the funniest part was that when I told him to check the top drawer, I knew the only thing in there was the kid's buttpaste!!

7 comments:

Tricia Welch said...

Okay, where was the camera for that one?? That is hilarious...I would never have guessed that Tim loved lotion so much. David can't stand the stuff!

Jim and Laura said...

That was hysterical!!! You guys are such a hoot! Seriously, you should have had the camera ready!

Groovewoman said...

Haa, haa - oh my gosh... that is funny! You sneaky little thing you! :D

thepeytons said...

Good work Emers! That's what I like to hear!

The Davis Family said...

That is HILARIOUS!! HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

That story is absolutely hilarious! I'm dying laughing in the middle of my office. :)

Louanne said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is too funny.