Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

3 months...wow!

Well, Jeanette called me today to wish the boys a happy 3 month birthday which I thought constituted a blog update since it has almost been a month! Sorry for everyone out of town who wants to see these boys' and how much they have grown! I keep thinking I will do a better job of updating this, and then the days seem to get away from me.

Anyway, the good news from the Bates' household is that we are sleeping more around here (5-7 hour stretches at night). Matthew is the better sleeper of the two. He is all or nothing, meaning he is either lights out sleeping or demanding our attention full time..we also like to describe him as our high maintenance child! Caleb usually wakes up an hour or so before Matthew at night, but we are trying to teach him to stretch his sleep a little further with the aide of a pacifier...it is a work in progress!

Both kiddos are growing like weeds and weigh around 13 pounds now. They have really caught on to the breastfeeding thing and feeding them at the same time is a lifesaver for us. Although lately Matthew has figured out that if he cries enough when eating with his brother, he gets to stop and then be fed by himself at the end which he loves. Two words--- spoiled rotten!!!

The boys are starting to interact more and more and Caleb is grinning lots these days. Tim can really get Caleb grinning and laughing and it cracks us all up. Matthew will smile here and there, but always seems more serious then Caleb. It's funny how their personalities are already coming out. Here are some pictures of the boys this last month...

Matthew is in his "Glendarroch Homes" work gear. He went to visit Daddy at the tour of homes and was pooped out when he got home after a hard day's work.
Caleb in his Texas Tech gear for the opening game of the season...Tim was not home that day so Mommy dressed both boys in Tech clothing. They seemed to really like being in Tech clothes instead of TCU gear...trust me!!!
Mommy and Matthew in the baby bjorn carrier...
Daddy and Caleb in the carrier...we had an hour long dance party with the boys in their carriers...it was great! They LOVE to dance..hopefully they will get their Dad's moves and not their mom's (or lack thereof)!
Dad caught this pose of Mommy konked out with the twinkers after a meal...
"The great compromise" (for those of you who are worried about their psychological well being--we are going to switch the team that they wear every week so they won't get too attached to one team). How well do you know the Bates Twinkers? Which one is in the TCU outfit? answers to follow!!
I wonder who it is?
This one is tricky...
Boy time---no girls allowed. Caleb is grinning big on the left.
The boys playdate with Dustin :)

It was Caleb in the TCU outfit a few pictures above. The next picture is Caleb on the carpet and then Matthew in the boppy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily and Tim, the boys are absolutely precious! I think it is a good idea to alter who wears which team colors each week. That sounds like an excellent compromise to the school favoritism war ,you both seem to be partaking in-2 schools,2 colors, 2 babies. works for me. Who won the Diaper Olympics? I thought it one of the cutest and funniest idea I have ever heard. But we really would like to know who won? I bet you both can't believe they are three months old already. Time flies so fast, and they grow so quickly, now their personality will become so more definite, and they start laughing, and learning so many new things everyday. You both are great parents, it is apparent in every picture you take with your babies. We hope all is well, but remember, you are both a couple as well as parents. You both should set up a date night,finding a capable sitter- friend or relative to twinssit. I hear a lot of young couples set up a babysitting co-op in their church,,,,, with other young couples with young children. each couple volunteer to sit for another couples children, thus allowing each couple to have a date night. Also having group outings so that the children have playdates, get used to being around larger amounts of people, and the support of other parents helps especially if the grandparents don't live close by. This is just an idea I read about and heard about at our church. But date night is important even if you are just brand new parents. it makes you better parents, and the kids benefit when you two rejuvenate your husband/ wife to strenghten yhour parent time. luv- A.Bonnie- A true Blue Fan- GO Blue!!!!

Caroline and Nick said...

FINALLY A new post!!! I kept checking for updates...the boys look GREAT! I can't wait to meet them in person...too cute! I can't believe they are 3 months old...time has gone by so fast. You all seem to be doing great! Much love from Arkansas!!!

Caroline

Anonymous said...

Yea......finally....I try to be patient, but it is hard.....Thank you...the boys look soooo good and I am soooo jealous that Grauntie Sharon is going to see them. But hopefully, when things settle down for U. Steve we will 'pop in' for a visit.....Love, Grauntie Nelda

Tricia Welch said...

So glad to hear the boys are doing so well! And, I'm so happy to hear that you're getting some more sleep! They are adorable...getting cuter every day!

Louanne said...

I love all the photos and hearing how wonderful the boys are doing. God is so good to your family.

Anonymous said...

they do look SO much alike. which is good, since they're both completely adorable.
can we have more updates soon, please?
i'd like to see at least a few more posts before i get my hands on these chunky monkeys in park city.

p.s.
you are both going to die when you see the present i got them. it is the best baby gift EVER. AND OF ALL TIME. AND ALSO, EVER.

xoxox