Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Monday, June 2, 2008

33 week checkup

Well, we had a great checkup on Monday! Caleb weighs 5 pounds and 5 ounces and Matthew weighs 5 pounds even. They each grew about a pound since our last sonogram two weeks ago which is great news! Right now, Caleb is lying head down and ready to come out! Matthew, on the other hand, is kind of doing his own thing and lying sideways in the upper part of my stomach near my ribs which makes breathing a little tricky when he starts kicking. We found out that our doctor will not try to stop our labor after we reach the 35 week mark, but if I were to go into preterm labor again in the next two weeks, we would take meds to stop it (this is mainly because we want their lungs to be more developed).
I was not any more dilated then I was last week, but my cervix has thinned and shortened significantly. This did not surprise the doctor and he said that was to be expected with twins. But, there are definitely lots of signs that we are getting closer to delivery. Overall, I feel exhausted most of the time. I sleep a lot during the day and have been resting quite a bit on my left side to help with swelling.
I still can't believe that we are about to have babies. We can't wait! Even when I am going stir-crazy bedresting or waddling around to to the bathroom a million times a night with my ginormous belly and sore back, I remember what a privilege it is to be having these twinkers. They truly are miraculous gifts from God. We continue to feel very loved by our family and friends as they bring us meals, run our errands, pray for us, and check-in with us frequently. The body of Christ is truly amazing and it is so wonderful to be taken care of. I pray that we could love others the way so many love and serve us unconditionally.


This is Matthew in a 4-D image. His umblical cord is in front of his mouth.

This is Matthew (again) with his hand in his mouth. Caleb was being shy and did not want his picture taken on Monday!



Tim's XL t-shirts are about the only things fitting these days so I have been living in them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so adorable! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well with mommy and babies. It is a privelege to be a part of the body that includes you!

Anonymous said...

Em,Tim the pics are so amazing........Matthew is "Tim" or is Matthew "Em"???? He is putting you two on alert........"I'M arriving soon.....so button down the hatches!!!!"

Anonymous said...

love y'all!!!!!!!!!!!