Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Swaddled Bear

We took the last of our baby classes on Monday - Baby 101 at the hospital. Although we did learn certain things we didn't know going into it, we were a little disappointed. We were expecting a hands on class and instead we got an 80 year old showing us slides of her great grand daughter using a 1950's slide projector (see below for those of you who don't know what a slide projector is).

We also learned about the five S's that are supposed to help soothe a crying baby. Here is a demonstration of the first S: Swaddling.


Here is a picture of me to show what kind of load I'm carring around these days. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to carry twins but am also dealing with the reality that these twinkers are REALLY heavy. The doctor said my stomach is measuring about the size of a mom carrying one baby at 40 weeks. We still have 7 weeks to go so it will be interesting to see how I feel over these next 7 weeks....PRAY!!!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! A Bates Blog! Oh my...Emily I am so sorry. I never even made it to 40 weeks and I remember very clearly the load I was carrying around. I am praying that you feel light and energetic!

Groovewoman said...

Wow girl, you already look like you are about to pop. I will be praying for you for sure. Where did you take your classes? Ours were pretty awesome, so if you need any info, let me know! OHHH & to help with Swaddling, there are these GREAT blankets with velcro that help you become a Swaddling master! I may have to get you some!
Hollie:)

Unknown said...

yes! Hollie is right...they taught you something that there is now a product for...the family Lauren babysits for have them...they are great. Y'alls demonstration is too funny. I love the blog! Emily you look GREAT to be carrying two little boys! I am glad to hear Tim is taking such wonderful care of you. Keep the updates coming...so your ARK family can keep up with you guys!

Much Love!

caroline