So, first I went into adrenaline mode and wet a towel with cold water and put it on my belly. Then, I grabbed my cell phone and called my doctor's "hotline" since it was after office hours. At this point, I start crying and I'm kind of hyperventilating because I think that I just scorched my twinkers. I left my # with the answering service and told the lady on the answering service that I was cooking dinner and burned my twinkers so she probably thought I was CRAZY. Thankfully, the doctor called back within about 3 minutes. He was so sweet- he told me to take a deep breath and tell him what happened. I explained it to him and he automatically told me that the twins did not feel a THING. I said, " so you mean they aren't sunburned or anything?" He reassured me probably 5x that they were fine...he told me to keep a wet cloth on my belly and I could even ice it. He said to put Neosporin on it as it would probably start to become blistered, which it did. Needless to say, the twinkers did great and survived one of mommy's blunders. Unfortunately, I am sure there will be many more to come. I attached a pic of the battle wound...pray for my sanity...sometimes I think I'm losing it!
Hope this doesn't gross anyone out seeing my pregnant, scorched belly....
1 comment:
I feel for you, Emily. Last May, a french press full of steaming coffee broke as I pushed the plunger down and most of the fluid hit me in the abdomen leaving me with a second degree burn. I call myself a klutzarina--sort of like a ballerina minus the grace.
Post a Comment