Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Monday, May 26, 2008

32 weeks

Well, we have an official update. Today marks 32 weeks in our pregnancy, which is very exciting for us! Truthfully, every day we make it at this point is pretty exciting for us considering that 40% of twins are delivered before 35 weeks and spend time in the NICU.

Speaking of delivering, about a week and a half ago, Tim and I spent the night in labor and delivery because I was having contractions about every 6-8 minutes for 4 hours straight. They gave me i.v. fluids and then a magic pill that I don't remember the name of to stop my contractions. Thankfully, the medicine and fluids worked to stop my contractions and I was discharged home early that morning.

The following Monday after this episode, we went to the doctor to follow up on everything and found out that the twinkers weigh 4.1 and 4.6 pounds! I was so thankful that they were growing at the same rate and that they were so big at that point (75th percentile---little chunkers). I am now going to the doctor every week to check to see if I'm dilated more and check on the twinkers to see how their lungs are growing. At the last appointment, the doctor REALLY wanted me to try to get to 34 weeks, which is around June 7th in order for their lungs to be more developed. So, that's our new goal and you can be praying that we will make it to that point at least (ideally, we'd love to go to around 37 weeks or end of June).

I am taking it easy and am off work now and spend my days with my feet propped up and on the computer, reading, chit chatting with family and/or friends (i'm getting a new cell phone plan because I went WAY over on minutes for this month and still have a week left...oops), watching tv, scrapbooking, or watching Tim do his daily honey-do list. He has taken over all house work and last-minute twinker preparations, and between him and Jeanette and take-out menus the cooking around here is covered. I posted some of the pictures of the nursery that I watched Tim finish this weekend. There are also some 32 week prego pics of me. Will keep ya'll updated....thank you for the prayers.











.

2 comments:

Groovewoman said...

I LOVE the nursery!! Since you are home.. you and I need to get together! I can come to you and you can meet my son (16 month old) and get a feel for what you are about to embark on. AND of course for you and I to catch up. I miss my Emily and I want to hear all about life!
So email me or something.
Hollie:)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...you are too cute.
i'm so excited for you guys!

(and i'm also excited to know that you have a blog, so now i can check up on you.)

xoxo to all four of you.