Well, I wanted to update you guys on some news from the Bates Family. We are scheduled to have Luke (Lord-willing :)) on Tuesday, March 23rd, at 7:30 a.m. via c-section. I am anxiously awaiting this day and must say that I am ready for this little guy to be here. I am definitely doing a lot of waddling these days!
I went to the doctor yesterday and everything looked great. I am just taking it easy over the next few days so that we don't have any surprises. We have set up the nursery and started to get out the baby gear. I still don't think Matthew and Caleb know what is about to happen, but they are going to find out soon enough!
I think they will be sweet big brothers and they will definitely be getting lots of attention in the upcoming weeks from friends and family which will definitely help. Please pray for Tuesday morning that all will go smoothly and that we will give birth to a healthy baby boy.
Our family would also like to ask for your prayers for our nephew, Tyler. Tyler is Tom (Tim's brother) and Jenn's almost 3 year old son. He was diagnosed Tuesday evening with a brain tumor at Cooks and had surgery yesterday to remove the tumor. The surgery was successful in that they were able to remove the tumor, however the oncologist is concerned that it is likely cancerous.
Tom and Jenn will find out more details about the tumor and the treatment plan for Tyler next Tuesday or Wednesday after a pathology report is completed. Tyler remains in the ICU at this point, but is doing really well. Our hearts are absolutely broken for their family and we would appreciate your prayers as they continue down this difficult road.
They have a blog with more specific updates at : http://www.tomandjennbates.blogspot.com/ and there will also be information on their blog in the upcoming weeks about how to pray for them and help them with food, childcare, etc. Tyler also has 3 little brothers (8 month old triplets Blake, Grant, and Carter) at home so please pray for Tom and Jenn as they care for Tyler at Cooks and then also take care of their other kiddos.
Even though there is a lot going on in our family right now, we are confident that the Lord does not ever leave our side and is a refuge to us in times of need. We are clinging to Him as things seem so uncertain at this point. Please pray for continued peace and strength for Tom, Jenn, and Tyler. We love you guys so much!
8 comments:
We've been praying for the entire family all week. We will continue to go before our powerful God and expect great things from Him! Can't wait to meet your new little one soon!
Our hearts are broken too...we are praying for Tom, Jenn, and the entire Bates family! We can't wait to meet you, Luke!
Tim and Emily,and your twinkers and baby Luke<Luke you stay put until Tuesday for Mom and Dad,okay? As far as the boys are concerned with all the babies you all have sprouted down there,they will probably adjust fairly easily, one suggestion being,when visitors come,have them ask the boys to show them ntheir new baby brother! This makes them feel like they are the big boys and in charge too. Also,and I know, like you need any new toys or book,get each boy a special book and toy to give them on Tuesday when Luke is born-tell them this is now their Big Brother present,as they have become the big brother and have to watch out for baby Luke, they might not totally understand,but it will help. Now,after the C-section, Emily, you have to follow drs. orders! please get lots of rest, don't overdo it and no lifting! I know this will be difficult with the twins,but you don't want your incision to tear open and get infected. We are praying for all of you,and everyone I know is praying now for all of you,and asking their friends for prayer too. God is wrapping all of you in his embrace and holding on tight. He will bring all of us thru this,especially Tyler, and I am praying for complete healing. I have also asked God to send down his very best Guardian angels ,extra ones for everyone down there,to keep watch and keep you all safe. We love you,and wish we lived near you, so we could help with all the babies. I will be emailing you to sign up to arrange some meals for all of you. SO I will get to it after my hair appt this morning. Love A. bonnie and U. Wally
I will be praying for them too!
Bates Family,
We are praying for sweet Luke and Tyler...we love you very much and send kisses and hugs from St. Louis:)
Jonathan, Erin and Caroline
Hey Tim and Emily,We will be prAYING FOR A SAFE DELIVERY AND A HEALTHY BABY LUKE TO JOIN YOUR FAMILY IN THE MORNING.OOps,sorry <I hit the cap button,fighting a headache again tonight as well as wheezing again,anyways,May God bless you both with a good night 's sleep and a wonderfully blessed day tomorrow!
Wow, so much to offer up before the Lord, and thankfully we get to place it all in the most amazing and powerful hands. I can't believe that in a little over 6+ hours your little Luke is scheduled to make his entrance into this world. May this be a time of sweet blessing for your family as it grows from 4 to 5 members. I pray for an uncomplicated delivery and quick recovery for you.
Can't wait to meet your new addition to your family. Let me know what we can do for you.
Congratulations to you all! Trina just told me that baby Luke is here. We are so happy for you both and pray that you all stay healthy and get plenty of rest. Let little Luke know that he shares a special birthday with his big cousin Kaleigh : )
We love you all,
Eric, Amanda, David and Kaleigh Stang
Post a Comment