Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two to kiss, Two to hug, Thank you God for Two to love...

Sometimes I think, "Life cannot get any better than this..." when I am holding these two precious kiddos in my lap and they look up and grin at me. And then, the very next day they will do something that makes me laugh out loud or tear up and it makes me excited all over again. We have such a creative, wonderful God.


Sure, there are really hard moments like when both kids are covered in carrots and sputtering the remainder of them on to my shirt...or when they are both crying at once and there is only one of me...or when they don't nap during the day...or when they both start screaming in the middle of Target when I have a cart full of groceries...But, it is all worth it of course. I know that I need to treasure these moments because they are only this little "once."


I think I am getting a little sentimental because I have been going through some of the kids things from the NICU that I am making into a scrapbook. I found their two little blankies that I slept with the night that I gave birth to them and then sent to Cooks for them to snuggle up with the following night. The idea was for them to learn my scent and get to know their mom, even though we were separated. I remember praying and begging God to let Matthew and Caleb make a full recovery and just dreaming of what it would be like to hold them in my arms. Now, sometimes when I look at them, I just get overcome with emotion thinking about what a blessing they are to our entire family. We are so thankful for them and I don't think I will ever take for granted getting to hold them in my arms.


With that being said, they are sweet, but SOOO ornery, too! They are changing so much every day and showing more and more of their independence and strong wills. Matthew now throws mini-tantrums if we take away his sippy cup at the table and Caleb loves to take toys from Matthew when they are playing on the floor together which really gets Chooch going!


Matthew grins and makes funny noises at Caleb all the time, but Caleb is more interested in everything else besides his brother right now. They both laugh out loud when tickled right below their chest and love it when their Dad sings them silly songs. They have started sitting up on their own with us nearby to make sure they don't tip over and crash too hard.


One of our favorite times is reading stories with them. They love to touch the pages and get excited when we talk in funny voices. They now know when it's time for bed because as soon as we walk in their room and turn on their "nap music" and give them their blankie/lovee, they start to pucker up. The crying lasts for about a minute, and then they crash. I think they are so active when they are awake that they sleep pretty hard! Here are some pics below of the boys eating at a restaurant and then hanging out playing...




Chooch is in his big boy seat at the table...



Cabers is ready for some grub!




Does it get any sweeter than this? Maybe equally as sweet in the picture below..:)




Caleb is full of JOY...you can't tell in this picture, but his hair sticks STRAIGHT up! It's so funny!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too couldn't help but laugh at Caleb's hair. Amy's Joseph had hair just like that--it looked like he had stuck his finger in an electrical outlet. When Amy wasn't around I would try to put gel on it so it would lay down! Your boys are darling and seeing all your pics always brings back happy memories for me. When things settle down in the Johnson household, Connie, Georgetta, and I are going to have to get together and compare notes. Thanks for the postings--I love them!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

if you have any extra lying around, please give those sweet boys a few kisses from me!

Anonymous said...

Em, I love it when you get sentimental about those baby boys..it is so sweet..glad that you are enjoying them sooo much now and not regretting being at home. What a gift of love, a true investment with many returns in store. The pics make me laugh and tear up at the same time and G. Steve and I can't wait to see them again. Tell'em we're coming.

Louanne said...

What a super sweet post. God has blessed you guys so much with those boys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new pics. Sentimental is GOOD! (I hope....cause every time I see the pics I tear up.)
Their faces change each time I see them. Caleb and I are buds 'cause I got my hair cut yesterday and it spikes up, too. I can send him some Got2bGlued. It works really well for me! I can't wait to read them a story, too. (Matthew has changed the most to me since Christmas.
Wish I could hug and steal kisses...do some JUST FOR ME!
kissy.......G.A. Sharon