Here are some fun pics from the past week or so...
Daddy and his little frogs in their TCU gear...
We like to cuddle...(matt on right; caleb on left)
Mommy cooing over Caleb...
Twinkers in their first pairs of shorts...
Emily and I made our first major mistake in the raising of our children. I am sure there are many more big mistakes to come, but this one was really big. As many of you know, newborn babies should be bathed around 2-3 times a week. Well these little stinkers had gone a few days so we decided that we were going to have a wonderful bath experience. Everything went smooth during the baby process. In case you are wondering, Caleb pooping himself during the bath and Matthew peeing all over the mirror in bathroom fall into the "smooth" category for us during baths.
Well, we have these cute little frog towels that we have been using to dry off the boys after their baths. After we finished Matthew's bath we dried him off, wrapped him in the towel and laid him on the bed. We quickly finished Caleb's bath and put him on the bed in his frog wrap as well. The boys were so cute in these frog towels that we decided to have a cuddle session/picture shoot. We oohed and ahhed at how cute they looked in their towels. We put them next to each other, made them hold hands, pushed their lips together for a kiss...things were going so well we just lost track of time.
After coming down from this froggy-wrapped-baby high we were on, we decided to put the boys diapers on and put them to bed. As I unwrapped Matthew, I realized that Emily and I weren't the only ones having fun on the bed. Matthew thought it would be fun to completely soil the froggy blanket, the bed sheet below it and the mattress pad on our bed. While Emily and I were frantically trying to manage the situation with some damage control, Caleb decided he would join in on the festivities as he peed all over our bed.
Lesson learned by the Bates family: Diapers first, fun second!!
Matthew is sooo relaxed after tub time!
Caleb says, "Little does mom know, I'm up to no good!"
Our sweet photos before the incident..we couldn't help cuddling and playing. They were so cute in these little froggie towels!
Gross!!!


6 comments:
Wow! That is too funny...the joys of parenting! You guys seem to be doing great. the boys are sooo handsome and from the pics they look identical! Thanks for the continuous updates...they are so fun! miss you all...much love
-HA-HA! Well, all babies have to break in their parents, now you both won't make this mistake again, but some other dumb thing will trip you guys up,Murphy's Law, you know. The boys are just too cute and are getting so big. The real problems with this little oops are that 1- they need to be washed up again,and 2-you end up with extra laundry. I really don't think the twins suffered too much from this "mistake". You both are doing a great job with the twinkers! Luv,The Stang Gang
If it makes you feel better....When Roman went for his 2-week checkup, I asked the doc to check his circumcision. He peed over his head onto Chloe who was standing several feet away! Poor thing just stood there in shock until we erupted into laughter and she started crying.
Ah, good times.
Too funny! Sounds like those peepee teepees we sent you will come in handy after all! Those frog towels are just too cute for words! We love you!
We have been to check on dad R....so this is the first time I have had a chance to respond. Little do you know what you two are in for. When we were there at the beg. of their little lives..the "twinkers" and their grauntie Nelda "plotted a plan".....this is just the first part of it. Sounds like it went according to plans.....I loved it!"Go Caleb and Matthew!"
oh my goodness... i just can't get over how cute they are! i love the little frog towels.
haha... guess those babies showed you guys ;) as you said though... lesson learned.
Post a Comment