Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lots of lovin'....

We are loving being home with these little guys. They are so much fun! We have family in town which is very helpful because these twinkers require a lot of attention, especially at 3 AM in the morning! We have figured out somewhat of a system with them so that everyone around here can at least get 4 hours of sleep a night. The boys basically get their diapers changed, temps checked, butts pasted with diaper ointment, clothes changed (if needed), and tummies fed every 3 hours on the hour so by the time we go through the routine there is not much time before it's time to start again! It is the best, though...all the snuggling with them and loving is so wonderful. They are getting much better at breastfeeding together and we now breastfeed 4 x a day and then bottle feed at night 4 x. They had both gained weight on Monday at their pediatrician visit (Matt- 6 pounds, 6 ounces; Caleb- 6 pounds, 7 ounces) and received a healthy report. They go back when they are 6 weeks old, which we are basically 2 weeks away from. We were told to limit their exposure to the outside world until that point because they were born premature and need to get all their immunizations and get stronger to fight infections. But, we are excited for the day when they can go places with us. Here are some fun pics of their first week at home....

Caleb and Grandma during bath time...he loved it!
Matthew did NOT like bath time, but was pretty content afterwards in his froggy towel!
Matthew is staring his brother down...:)
Matt hangin' out with his momma getting some grub!
Daddy snuck the babies from their cribs into bed with him this morning...I saw lots of kissin' going on, too!

Uncle Casey with his future Texas Tech Red Raider nephews (i'm going to get in sooo much trouble for that comment..we'll see how long it takes Tim to read it and respond)!
Papa Lefty getting cozy with Caleb...
Grandmary with Matthew and Dad with Caleb all snuggled up...
Aunt Jennifer stops by for some lovin!
Grandpa BT with Caleb konked out!


5 comments:

Louanne said...

SUPER CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

emily
I found texas tech picture very funny. they are very cute. you guys are very blessed.

heather and the stangs

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim and Emily and the twinkers-
you sound so happy in your blog today. I think that the boys look so much more alike now that they are almost the same weight- I'm not sure I could tell them apart just by the pics, unless I study the pics real close, then I can tell by the shape of the face . Matthew's face is a little more elongated and Caleb's is more rounder so far. I am sure you can tell them apart because you are their parents, and somehow parents just know. I am happy for all of you. Happy Fourth of July, especially to Matthew and Caleb since this is their very first one!!!Luv, A. Bonnie- P.S.- I know how to solve the TCU vs TTU conflict- WE'll have to send them UofM clothes- Ha-HA-Ha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you,Miz Em for the "Caleb and Matthew fix".....my withdrawals were bad....I am good to go, at least for a few days... :) Sounds like you two are really getting into this mommy and daddy thing. The pictures at Kodak are great.....Love you "4"..A. Nelda

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for the four of you! Can't wait to meet the boys:)