Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Most Embarrassing Moments...

This past week, our kids have been on a role. Maybe I should clarify---the twins have been on a role. Luke has been his little sweet self for the most part and his big news is that he is finally taking steps!
Anyway, three-year olds are so stinking funny, but I have literally wanted to CRAWL IN A HOLE at least 5 x this week. I decided to write this tonight because I thought it would be therapeutic. The kids have been rather challenging lately and these stories just make me laugh thinking about them. Every word of these are true. I promise. And, just so you know, it HAS been therapeutic writing them. I love our boys...they are a mess, but they will never be three again. We must enjoy this time....to the fullest.

Story #1: Prego???

Matthew: (to a family friend who is over that we haven't seen in a while): Are YOU having a baby?

Family friend: Laughs...no, honey, I'm not having a baby. My babies are all raised and not babies anymore.

Matthew: But, you have a baby in your tummy.

Family friend: Oh, no that's not a baby sweetheart.

Matthew: Maybe your baby's name can be Luke, too.

Mommy: (speechless)

Story #2: Man or Woman?

I am with the three boys and we are in McDonalds after getting our food and sitting in a booth together:

Matthew: Mommy look at that man eating a BIG hamburger. (I turn to look and see a sweet little postal worker LADY sitting behind us eating a hamburger and my face starts to turn red...here we go!)

Mommy: Matthew, that is a sweet LADY eating a burger just like you have. Can you say hello?

Matthew: Hello.

Nice lady: Hi sweetheart. How are you?

Matthew: I am good. Mommy that man is talking to me now and HE is eating a BIG burger and HUGE french fries.

Mommy: Matthew SHEEEE is eating her lunch. Let's not disturb her, okay.

At this point, Matthew would not stop talking about this poor lady's food quantity and calling her a man and for those of you who know him, he talks soooo loud. So, I totally did some bribery and asked him to use his quiet voice and maybe we would get some ice cream soon. Don't judge me...I had to do it!

Story #3: Peeing in a cup....

We are the doctor's office for Luke's appointment. First of all, this is the first time I have ever had to bring all 3 kids to the doctor together by myself. Even though Luke was the only one with the appointment, it will still crazy. I will never do it again! I don't know what I was thinking. We are all sitting in the patient room waiting on the doctor (well, I am sitting and Matthew and Caleb are jumping off the bench in the room and Luke is screaming because he has an ear infection). We have already made a scene at this point because for Matthew's 3 year check up he got to pee in a cup and he really wanted to do that this time. So, when we went back to the bathroom, he threw the biggest tantrum when he didn't have a cup to pee in and kept asking the nurses if he could have a turn peeing in the cup. At this point, I am already flustered. Anyway, our nice, middle-aged doctor walks in and the first thing Matthew says is, "Mommy, that's silly. Our doctor doesn't have any hair. He is bald just like our Papa."

Mommy: Matthew, he has a LOT more hair than our Papa. He isn't bald, silly.

Matthew: Mommy, he doesn't have any hair. It must have flew away.

Mommy: Okay, Matthew, thank you.

Thankfully, we have a great relationship with our doctor and he just laughed but I could have died sitting there. Why do these things always happen to me and not Tim?!

Story #4: The Dreaded Public Bathroom Stall (Emily with Matthew and Caleb waiting in line for a stall with several other women..):

Matthew: Mommy, do all these people need to go poo-poo?

Caleb: No, Matchew (this is how he pronounces it), they have to go PEE-PEE and POO-POO.

Matthew (to the lady next to us): Maybe if you can go poo-poo in the potty you will get a m&m...

Caleb: Mommy tells us we can't go poo-poo on Buzz Light Year (who is on their underwear...I am desperate at this point so I've been telling them Buzz will be so sad if they potty on him!) or we won't get our m&ms...

Mommy: Speechless, again....


8 comments:

Lisa Looney said...

I loooove the stories Emily!! They brightened my morning and brought back some memories of my own! You're right, they're only 3 once...so enjoy every second of this precious time.

monique said...

oh my!! emily your boys are so precious, thank you for making me laugh so much this morning!!! love it!

Anonymous said...

Yes! This IS therapeutic! I'm so glad you shared and I must say that you are such an encouragement to me in the way that you gracefully handle these situations and are able to laugh about them! Your boys are so cute and so normal!! Ha! I am especially loving the prego story, and I'm noticing that you left an especially embarrassing story from the park out of the mix ;) It may take years to let that one out of the bag! And, BTW, I LOVE your blog header pic of the three of them!

Jeanette said...

You forgot the story at the park--we have told everyone that one!! Love you guys!

Bonnie said...

Emily,these stories were priceless and made me laugh so much! the dog was looking at me really strangely, probably wondering why i was laughing so hard!!!! i would love to hear the park story, instant message me if you don'twant to blog it. I remember back to when my kids were young, and yes,they often would say and do embarassing things. kids are so precosious these days!!!! My favorite was when bridget told her dad she didn't want to go to Kindergarten, she wanted to go cruise Hines drive for dudes when she was Five!!! I just stood there with my mouth open, flabbergasted. Wally asked me where she got this, i said i had no idea. then later I drove to Northville to see my parents and she rolled the window down and actually whistled at some guy rollerblading with his girlfriend. I thought i would just die. I locked all the windows after that. Kids are so funny!!!! Love and God bless all of you!!! Love that Luke is starting to walk!!! Love, Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Wally

stevenelda said...

If laughter is good for the soul like we've all been told....you really ful-filled the mission!! I laughed until tears flowed as I could see all this going down.......Innocent Caleb with those dimples.....those probing brown eyes of Matthew......and you, Em....you....I can just see you going back into the recesses of your mind trying to figure out what to say next....funny...priceless...thank
you. Anxious to see them.

Louanne said...

these stories are precious!

The Davis Family said...

Sitting here with Jonathan cracking up! Miss y'all:)