Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Nothin' cuter than little boys in their pjs...

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Lukester!





Luke Thomas,




You are my buddy. I can’t believe you are already a year old. Everyone says you look exactly like your daddy. You definitely got those big, blue puppy dog eyes from him!




It was such a new adventure to have you after having your twin brothers. I didn’t worry so much about schedules and if I was holding you too much. I just couldn’t get enough of our time together, just the two of us. So, when you were itty-bitty you and Mommy spent a lot of time together in the night and early in the morning. I was tired, but I don’t really remember it because I was just so thankful for that precious time with you.



I have loved Monday mornings with you because your brothers are at school and you and I get to spend the whole morning together. Right now, you love the rolling the ball back and forth to me and playing “peek-a-boo” with me. When I lay on the floor, your favorite thing is to crawl over as fast as you can and pat my face and giggle. My heart melts every time you do this. Your favorite book is “Little Hands Love” and even though you wiggle out of my arms to get to your bed (you LOVE your crib), you always give mommy the biggest grin before you roll over, suck those fingers, and konk out.




You say “dada” all the time, but when you are crying it’s always “mama...mama.” While you are definitely a mama’s boy, your first pick is always your older brothers. You crawl as fast as you can to them as soon as you see them. Your eyes light up when they get up from their nap and come give you hugs and kisses. You love clapping for them when they play their guitars and being right in the middle of whatever they are doing. When they cough, you always mimic them and they just giggle.




You have seriously been the sweetest, happiest baby and so content. I am so thankful for this special countenance that God has given you your first year of life because it has made my life much easier in many ways. I can’t imagine loving you any more than I do. Your dad and I treasure every single moment with you and get so excited every time you do something new.




You have brought so much joy into our lives. Our family had a really hard year after you were born because your sweet cousin became very, very sick with brain cancer. Your very healthy, active daddy began to have some health issues that really slowed him down, and mommy was very overwhelmed. But, little did we know that God gave you to us at the most perfect time. Holding you reminded us of how precious life was. Caring for you when we were really, really tired reminded us that every ounce of strength we have comes from the Lord. Loving you reminded us that in the midst of trials, God gives us new mercies and joys. Our joy came in the form of Luke Thomas Bates. For that, we are so grateful.




Love you,


Mommy

3 comments:

stevenelda said...

Oh, Emily, what a precious tribute to your youngest little boy! Glad that you have had such a great time with him and that you see through it all....trials, joys, struggles, uncertainties, as a blessing from God! I guess you might say....all of this is part of life......your life. You have so much to be thankful for. I love you and love even more knowing that you draw your strength and help from the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.What an intro into spring....leading to Easter!!!Love you, A. Nelda

aunt Sharon said...

DITTO....what A Nelda said. You made me just sit and cry for awhile. Oh how I wish Grannie & Grandpa could enjoy your writing and, of course, the boys. We see God's blessings in you & Tim and it is soooo thrilling! love...A S

Louanne said...

Em - this is such a sweet, wonderful letter to Luke. I can't believe it's been a year already.