When Tim got home from work around 5 last night, we decided to put big boy underwear on the boys and practice potty training. We tried a few months back and the boys weren’t ready. We decided there is NEVER a convenient time to potty train twins and we were going to give it another try this week. Anyway, we encouraged the boys that if they had to go potty they could tell us and if they went in the big boy potty they would get a m&m or a skittle. There were a few accidents during dinner, but nothing major and we expected it.
It was a beautiful night so after dinner we decided to go on a walk. We decided to leave their underwear on while we went outside because if they went at least they would be outside.
The boys ran around with Tim while I pushed Luke in the stroller and had a great time. The boys were exploring and picking up rocks, dirt, you name it! Then, out of nowhere, Matthew bursted into tears. He kept screaming “I did it. I did it.”
We looked down to find that he peed in his pants. Oops. I carried him the rest of the way home because he was really upset and when I picked him up he said “Mommy’s holding me. I went pee pee in the street and now I get a m&m.” Not so fast, mister.
Meanwhile, Caleb spotted the moon as we were walking toward our house and got so excited.
Emily: Caleb, who made the moon?
Caleb:God did!
Tim: He did! He made it as a part of His creation so you could enjoy it.
Caleb: Let’s try to reach it. (He lifts his hand high in the sky and stands on his tip-toes). I can’t! Daddy, you do it.
Tim: (pretends to reach for it) I can’t either. It’s too far.
Caleb: I LIKE the moon.
Chooch: I LIKE skittles. Mommy, I will go home and I will get a skittle for peeing in the street. (sigh....)
As soon as we got home, I changed Chooch and he played in his room quietly while Caleb, Tim and Luke played on the floor in the living room. Then, all of a sudden, Matthew announced he wanted to go poo-poo in the big boy potty for a skittle. Tim is on a mission at this point and boasts "watch the master and you will see how potty training twins is done."
Matthew: (holding toy story 3 book): Daddy, I can’t do it.
Tim: Matthew just push as hard as you can.
Matthew: (Pushes on his private part.)
Tim: No, buddy push with your stomach.
Matthew: (Physically pushes his stomach with 2 hands and grunts.)
Tim: That’s a good try Matthew.
After about 24 hours, we have had 25 accidents (thankfully mostly pee) and I’ve done 5 loads of laundry. Unfortunately, there has only been one victory. Caleb made it to the potty and was able to go pee-pee despite the process starting on me while I was holding him on the way to the bathroom. We are just taking it hour by hour. Who knew potty training twins was so hard???!!!
3 comments:
Laughing out loud in the house by myself!!! I'm not so excited for the potty training stage...but we have a ways to go:) Miss y'all.
Emmer, it is too bad all of these little escapades are not put in a book. I figure they are not funny at the time of the event, but later after thinking about them.....they are hilarious....priceless. This is a great way for you to vent your frustrations and for us to enjoy "from afar"......Love, G. Nelda
BAH HA HA!! Oh goodness, the way you tell these stories cracks me up.
I am sorry for all the pee, but the last one with time is too much.
Post a Comment