Today was a fun day at our house (Oct. 23rd). I put the boys on their boppy pillows and faced them toward one another. For the first time ever, they made eye contact, smiled at each other and exchanged "goooo" and "ooooohh" sounds. This interaction only lasted for about 30 seconds, but it was priceless. The boys will lie next to each other and coo at toys or hold hands or whack the other one in the face, but haven't really made any attempt to communicate so this was fun to see! I've heard lots of twins develop a "secret language" so we'll see if this happens with these guys. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my camera or video camera when this was going on, so I missed it. But, below are some other cute pics from later that day.
Daddy on his lunch break with Caleb...
Momma with Caleb and Matthew on their favorite chair.
Matthew and Caleb all decked out in their Halloween p.j.'s.
Two little pumpkin butts...SOO cute!
For those of you who don't know about this, it will change your world! Edi, a friend of mine from church, told me about this power "booger sucker" (a.k.a. nasal aspirator) that plays music and lights up and sucks boogers out with super battery power. Matthew (who's had allergies and constant stuffiness) LOVES this little gadget and used to scream when we used the old fashioned nasal aspirator. You can buy it at Target or Babies R Us and it's awesome!
3 comments:
Pumpkin butts rule!!! And just wait until they start using their own twin language. Your house will be wild. Hee hee.
I can vouch for the nasal 'do thinger' as I saw their little faces change when the music started. It almost seemed like a 'pleasure' to them. Ha! G. Nelda
My twin and I had a secret language!
Post a Comment